Thursday, April 23, 2009

Up and running.....

Birthdays, Easter, Zoo, Nascar...... These have all taken place in the last month and I am just writing about them. Oops! Sorry!
Sooooo here we go. Mikes 33rd birthday was last month (march 30th) and we had a little family BBQ with his parents and brother (and Danielle) at our house. If you ever want to see a grown man skip, give him a Wii. As soon as Mike saw what the kids & I got him he got the biggest grin on his face and SKIPPED to the TV with it! This is the first of any kind of gaming system we have ever purchased. I think that is why he was so darn excited. Have you ever played Wii? It is addicting! We play almost every day. I mean, we are going out of town this weekend and I have seriously thought about bringing it with! Love this thing! Don't have many games yet but the kids love playing Wii Sports. Bowling is my game, but Micah & Mike love golfing. Kaelyn loves tennis too!
Mike's golf cake, he got to keep the cart!


Micah about to kick butt on Wii boxing


Next was Easter weekend. The Friday prior I took Micah & Kaelyn to the Wild Life Zoo. My mom gave us as a family for Christmas season passes & we try to go at least once a month. The kids love it there! You can take train rides thru some of the sanctuary's and sky rides over the zoo too! This time we took advantage of beautiful weather and fed the Giraffes, rode the sky ride and they went on the carousal. Saturday was a lazy day with Kaelyn & I running errands and having a girls lunch while the boys went off and test drove cars and did a boys lunch. Ever since Mike traded in his car to get my Durango for Christmas he has been driving the mini-van I used to drive. Shudder! I hated it! Sorry babe! So he is counting down the days that he can sell the van and find his new ride. Hoping, fingers crossed, that when he returns from Iraq he'll have a 'sweet' ride waiting for him. Baaack to the weekend. Easter Sunday the kids woke to baskets and Eggs galore. This year the bunny heard about all the goodies 'Nana Bunny' was bringing and gave them instead lots of fun crafty things. Later in the day we trekked to Ahwatukee to the Melting Pot for Easter dinner. Micah was in total disbelief that he got to cook his own food, it was adorable! We stuffed our faces and had a wonderful time with a equally wonderful waitress who gave the kids their own pot at no extra charge! Yay!

You get up close and feed them!

Micah feeding in the aviary.
Kaelyn's favorite thing is the baby petting area. If she could, she would have scooped her up and brought her home!

The only shot of Easter I got before my camera died.


Aaaand this last weekend was NASCAR. Don't get me started on how much Micah is just over the moon with Jeff Gordon. Anything NASCAR and he is a happy boy. So thru http://www.vettix.org/ we were able for the third year in a row to get free tickets. Thanks so much! It is an awesome site that, thru donations, give away tickets to Baseball, Hockey, Disney on Ice, MotoX, you name it! And all for active duty or veteran military members. This was Micah's 2nd year going, my 6th & Mikes 3rd. We also took Mikes dad Mike Sr. again this year because we had such a great time last year. It seems every time NASCAR weekend rolls around it is also one of the hottest weekends. I mean HOT! I didn't want to take off my sunglasses for a while because I was afraid my eye makeup was somewhere around my cheeks! Thankfully not, but a great day/night with many memories made!
Mike, Mike & Micah, 3 Polk generations

My father-in-law & I

This weekend is looking to be busy too. Mike Srs birthday BBQ is Saturday, going out with friends for drinks (NO KIDS!!!) Saturday night, Mike golfing Sunday & me shopping. Bring it on!

Had to throw in a pic I took of Harrison. Such a happy boy! And cute too!

2 comments:

  1. Look at those big eyes and beautiful face!! What a beautiful baby. Doesnt the first 6 months go by too quickly!

    ReplyDelete